Monday, April 11, 2016

Robot Journal - Pamela

SNACK: confidential / Silent Killer Ninja Android
Okay, my mum was not just robots, but it was kind of stealthy (if the slowness equal stealthiness). In addition, a play of words for snack, tasty treats based on the Android release - in my case, Ice Cream Sandwich. To save you from falling asleep or get munchies, I get off on food and get to the tutorial.
I was told we bonus for every goal has been to create a robot, I went home and lasers, rail guns, and other deadly weapons in an assortment of chemicals dreamed of my fellow co-workers' robot melt. As long as it does not harm a human being, eagerly approve Asimov, okay?


Robot Journal - Pamela
Robot Journal - Pamela
When we found out just short of the destruction of toothpicks to attach the robot for the competition, and it was mentioned that we have to meet some hard, my heart was broken. A 6x6-inch box that will fit our robots and weigh no more than 1.5 pounds had. I kind of weight with my arms limitation was all about how to add?
It's probably for the best; My advice was not always looked at as weapons, for fear of seeing a little tricky Bots in the arena melt into a puddle of acrylic and metal bits. For the record, the laser can be truly secure, especially when you have a "kill" switch received. All told, the safety of the observers, if I go this route is allowed to fight everyone there would have been necessary for the goggles.

Step 1: Planning and Design
Our free time was given six months to build a robot. Holiday, free day, and they need help with the project at the last minute after a six-month rapid influx of college students in a panic, caffeine, and reduced down to a few weeks full of Jamba Juice.

I decided early on that I wanted to be a robot ninja-themed, and that I wanted to control it with an Android device via Bluetooth. The easiest way to accomplish this is with IOIO was awesome. I drive my robot decided to go with the four large servos, and for my ninja theme, I can control the spinning ninja stars with plenty of torque to the servos. In addition, I have a quick opening of the CO2 valve, the quick, to inflate bicycle tires along with some CO2 from compressed got intended. CO2 from the smoke and shrapnel bombs that ninajadera theme (usually made of iron or ceramics) went along with what was known to use release. Then, the compressed CO2 released quickly enough to cool the surrounding air and moisture condensation will need to create a quick mist. This is needed to open up a lot of ball valves, parts of the list, so I had to add another big server. If one thing was certain, my bot was not to be trifled with torque server combinations, and will require a pretty serious battery.

The final part of my list:
  • IOIO
  • Servos 5 stars
  • 2 medium servos
  • From 16G CO2 cartridge
  • Trek Bicycle quick release valve
  • Transformer Prime running ICS to control my robot
  • 7.4v Lipo battery
  • CO2 valve mounted from Polymorph
  • 1-2 "nylon screw

For me, chassis, I'm a sexy black matte finish, ninja stars and some of acrylic sheets with a mirror finish sorting out, cutting laser cutter. I used to inkaspesa get ready to design laser cut. Inkaspesa an awesome open-source SVG graphics editor. Inkaspesa design files here:

Robot Journal - Pamela
Robot Chassis SVG
Robot Journal - Pamela
Ninja Stars SVG
When it came to weight were a couple of design flaws. After the initial weight, I realized I increased my bot drops down to a lean and mean machine to trim the Ninja. I cut out the size of the chassis acrylic and nylon screws and ask you to switch. Another design element that I had covered wires.

SNAK final weight of 1 pound, 7.5 ounces with a full end up being the CO2 cartridge.

Step 2: SNAKE coding
Coding for IOIO was pretty fun. The fastest way to set up with IOIO "IOIO beginner's Software Installation Guide" is to follow. Instead of dark v3.6.2, v3.7.2 I used without any problems. I was basically element of Ice Cream Sandwich SDK and it works great! Later, I switched to Android 2.3.3 SDK so I can run the controller as well as the phone. A toggle button, two seekbars, and an open source library to two joystick, multi-touch graphical user interface code with some minor changes in was very easy. Here are a few links which greatly helped me to develop are:
  • IOIO Wiki.
  • IOIO Lib basics, which went on IOIO activity.
  • IOIO for the PWM output.
Multi Touch sense, the two buttons at the same time, which was helpful when you need to be able to control the Making.
Android reference, which is a great reference for me was the toggle button and seekbar.
If you run into trouble when developing for IOIO, IOIO discussion group for help, I recommend checking out.

I Bluetooth, which was a big relief for me to work more in order code do not need to change anything - I just plug in a Bluetooth dongle, the IOIO Lib library, my tablet, and everything worked just added! And I was coding, ninja stars, I was moving with a moving robot. When I tested the CO2, it is the force behind a substantial amount of work and it was great - hopefully enough to take off some toothpicks.
Here is my code will be available for IOIO

During the war,
My five for fighting, SNAK managed to come out with all his toothpicks untouched. Unfortunately, I rushed to my second revision ninja stars and did not have enough time to put them firmly mounted servos. This led to them coming loose in the arena, and the molten polymorph handy, I use zip tying them to the servos. On top of that, snakes, Sensei, the heat of the battle, which some disorientation (* cough * like driving completely off the platform around the arena again and again) was not caused enough with the training, and the leadership he flipped a couple of times.

Robot Journal - Pamela
Robot Journal - Pamela

En general, mi robot y un asesino estaba en guerra menos de un amante. Es un pequeño robot de la diversión, fue fácil, tuve una gran cantidad de par motor, y fue muy divertido de ver y de control. De CO2 fue divertido, pero no lo uso mucho. Estoy atrapado en una baldosa otros robots embestir, o palillos de dientes para proteger mi vuelo se ha centrado en.
Al final, me IOIO tiene que aprender un poco sobre el desarrollo de un diseño del robot eficiente. Tengo un poco de conocimiento de mi robot de Android da esperanza. Ahora, si me perdonas, Snak unos láseres de alta potencia, armas de riel, o algún tipo de turbina está equipada con.


No comments:

Post a Comment